Enterprise/Marketing: Web Analytics Senior Manager - Chicago, IL or New York, NY
Organization: Enterprise/Marketing and Communications
Location: USA Location Negotiable
If you join Accenture you can make great ideas happen for some of the world's most dynamic companies. With broad global resources and deep technical know-how, we collaborate with clients to cultivate ideas and deliver results. Choose a career at Accenture and enjoy an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
Our Enterprise workforce provides deep expertise to manage and operate Accenture's business functions and support client teams. They work in a wide range of functional areas including human resources, marketing and communications, finance, quality control, legal, IT, facilities and services.
Enterprise workforce professionals make sure we increase our earnings and grow as a company efficiently and effectively. We must continually update our organization and evolve to meet the ever-changing demands of the marketplace and achieve higher performance both for ourselves and our clients. Our Enterprise workforce people play a leading role in our strategic and operational programs, acting as the agents of change within Accenture itself.
We need people who can challenge conventional wisdom, offer unique perspectives and conceive more innovative solutions for our business.
Join Marketing & Communications to help build the Accenture brand in the marketplace, drive sales, support recruitment and enhance employee engagement. All Marketing & Communications activities are aligned with the Accenture business strategy and help drive profitable revenue growth. Marketing & Communications is responsible for global brand management and advertising; global events and sponsorships; internal communications; marketing research; media and industry analyst relations; corporate and financial communications; Internet marketing; recruitment marketing; client-centric marketing; and industry, service line and geographic marketing campaigns.
Summary Role Description:
Analytics has become vitally important to marketing, and the process of extracting value from the "big data" that is now available is now a critical role. The senior manager of web analytics is responsible for the successful creation and execution of our analytics strategy. This role requires an innovator who understands marketing and technology, who can extract and report the insights required to power a differentiated digital experience - across web, social, search and mobile - to drive engagement and consideration.
Reporting to the managing director, global marketing research, web analytics and search, the senior manager, web analytics will work with our global marketing and communications team, global CIO technology team, external agencies and technology companies.
- Day-to-day operational leadership of our web analytics software (Omniture) to include user experience, technology requirements, reporting etc.
- Define and maintain global KPIs and benchmarks for accenture.com and digital marketing campaigns.
- Design and build dashboards, using data from multiple sources, to report on analytics for individual business areas, visitor segments, and digital properties. Partner with agencies to automate dashboard creation and delivery.
- Manage and prioritize analytics tagging requirements based on business objectives and data needs.
- Team with the Director of Marketing Research, Senior Manager - Database and CIO lead to develop an analytics framework to use Salesforce.com, Exact Target and Omniture data to produce impactful client / target insights and drive strategy.
- Develop and maintain relationships with CIO leads, Digital Marketing Leads, and Senior Management
- Perform deep dive analysis and present actionable insights for specific marketing initiatives.
- Review monthly and quarterly dashboards created by members of the web analytics team.
- Create and oversee web analytics governance processes.
- Managing Director, Global Marketing Research, Web Analytics & Search
- Manager, Web Analytics
- 2 contractors (manager level)
- 2 CIO Senior Developers (Philippines)
- 2 Marketing Shared Services Analysts
Other key relationships:
- Chief Marketing and Communications Officer
- Senior Managing Director, Global Image
- Managing Director, Digital Marketing
- Director of Front Office Applications (CIO Managing Director and day to day CIO lead for Marketing)
- 5 Operating Group (industries we serve) Marketing Directors
- 3 Growth Platform (services we sell) Marketing Directors
- Global Executive Director, Geographic Marketing
- Senior Manager - Database / Direct Marketing (Salesforce lead)
- Digital Agencies
- Technology Providers
Minimum of 8 years of digital or web analytics experience
Minimum of 3 years of experience implementing or using Omniture or similar tools
Minimum of 5 years of business analysis experience, large enterprise experience preferred
Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
Preferred Skill Requirments:
- Proven success managing large-scale, complex, strategic programs with significant technology components
- Experience in measuring social media, mobile, and campaign efforts
- Budgetary experience including the ability to track expenses against commitments, set priorities for funding, and develop annual budgets.
- Expert at Excel; proficient with other MS Office products
- A proven hands-on marketer with a strong and fundamental grasp of Web Analytics. The ability to take this understanding and apply it meaningfully to the "big data" we possess and extract valuable insight from it to drive marketing success. Stays abreast of emerging technologies and determines when the right time and manner to explore possible application.
Professional Skills Requirements:
- Possess outstanding strategic planning skills and an ability to bring plans to life at speed.
- Strong analytical mindset and skills, including the ability to break down complex data scenarios into digestible components
- Demonstrated experience with and passion for technology. Additionally, be able to learn quickly and have a naturally curious mindset
- Ability to operate with a high level of energy, commitment and enthusiasm to take on a complex, challenging role in a dynamic, fast-paced organization.
- Strong communication, presentation, project management and critical thinking skills. Ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources
Track record as a mature, seasoned leader with excellent judgment; open to feedback; and the opinions and ideas of others.
Ability to comprehend business needs and translate them into a business/project plan.
Outstanding communications and persuasion skills; excellent verbal skills including public speaking, meeting facilitation and presentations.
Ability to work in a creative, fast-paced environment.
An executive with strong interpersonal abilities, down to earth and straightforward style, highly credible, persuasive, and engendering trust. The ideal candidate is articulate, confident, and inspiring in terms of personal style. Possesses high integrity, adaptability and flexibility. A respected leader who is seen as a catalyst in the organization who can organize, orient and motivate cross functional teams. Possesses a high level of emotional intelligence and interfaces fluidly with a range of personalities and functions.
Collaborative yet has an inherent ability to lead and enroll others in a compelling vision; inspires them to achieve beyond expectations. A team first mindset; prefers to work with others; and is able to motivate and collaborate across a variety of functions. This individual is known as a charismatic leader, who is comfortable managing through ambiguity in a very fast-moving environment. Resourceful and a self-starter, this executive understands how to make things happen through people, while also having a hands-on approach. He/she is a team player who readily shares credit and takes pride in shared success.
Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require, now or in the future, sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women