2014 Student Leadership Conference Agenda
July 11 - 13, 2014 marks the 24th anniversary of the Accenture Student Leadership Conference. Here are some of the exciting activities our attendees can look forward to at this year's conference!
- Check-In, Q Center Tours
- Accenture Leadership Welcome
- Team Breakouts
- Friday Night Team Activity
- Recreational Activities/Free Time
- Leadership Development Workshops
- Outdoor Adventure Program
- Cosmic Bowling and Sand Volleyball
- Corporate Citizenship Challenge
- Accenture Innovation Presentation
- Closing Thoughts
- Check-In, Q Center Tours – Upon arrival, attendees will check in at both the Q Center and SLC Registration desks. After check in, we encourage attendees to tour the expansive Q Center grounds.
- Accenture Leadership Welcome – The SLC will officially kick off with a welcome address offered by an Accenture executive who will share some of their thoughts and reflections on leadership. They will challenge and encourage attendees to begin to think about what good leadership can be both in and out of the workplace. During the welcome, attendees will also have the opportunity to learn fun facts about their fellow SLC attendees.
- Team Breakouts – All SLC attendees will be placed in teams for the duration of the conference. During the Friday team breakouts, teams will have the opportunity to get to know one another through ice breaker activities, informal interactions and team challenges.
- Friday Night Team Activity – Be prepared to get creative with your teams! This event promises to help foster unity and is always a lot of FUN!
- Recreational Activities/Free Time – Wrap up the evening by enjoying some free time to network with other SLC attendees at the Q Center facilities.
Back to top
- Discovering Your Leadership/Social Styles – Accenture senior manager Fernando Rosario will kick off the morning exploring leadership and social styles, examining what it means to be an authentic leader and work effectively with others. Following the session, attendees will break out into smaller groups to continue to hone their leadership skills and put their social styles to work as they examine a specific business scenario.
- Outdoor Adventure Program – The SLC teams will tackle fun and engaging mental and physical challenges while enjoying the outdoor scenery at the Q Center. The Adventure Program will test teamwork skills and give attendees a chance to directly apply leadership principles learned during the morning leadership workshops.
- Cosmic Bowling and Sand Volleyball – Always a highlight of the weekend, Saturday evening's cosmic bowling and sand volleyball are a great way to relax and have some fun with fellow SLC attendees. Late night snacks of pizza and pop will also be served!
Back to top
- Corporate Citizenship Challenge – Together SLC teams will navigate the Q Center grounds to solve clues and compete in exciting mental and physical challenges in the name of corporate citizenship (and friendly competition!). And learn more about how Accenture's Skills to Succeed Corporate Citizenship strategy shapes the way we give back to the community, locally and globally.
- Accenture Innovation Presentation – Our featured speaker will share insight into technology and the innovation space.
- Closing Thoughts – As the conference draws to a close, attendees spend time reflecting on all that they've learned about leadership, teamwork, and Accenture.
Back to top